Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grandma Baltz comes to town

This past week Mike had to travel a lot for work, so my mom came out to spend time with Stella and I.  We were so lucky to have such special time with her, so happy she could make it. But...
 
 
 
 

it turned out to be kind of a crazy week.

Mike and I both got sick at the beginning of the week, we were sure it was food poisoning.  He was traveling for business and I was home with the baby alone - I couldn't wait for my mom to get there. Being that sick and having to take care of a baby is no fun. She got in super late on Monday night, so we slept in on Tuesday morning.  I woke up to Mike calling me to let me know that he had passed out in the middle of someone's presentation in front of 500 of his coworkers and bosses!  Poor guy, it was so embarassing.  He hung out in his hotel room for the rest of the day since he had to catch a flight to Orlando at 6am the next morning.


My mom and I spent the next few days going to the gym, driving through Amish country, hitting up the largest craft store in the U.S. and mostly hanging out home, playing with Stella. My sister - in - law, Kari and my two nieces, Hannah and Haydin were able to come up from Washington DC and spend a night to see grandma and hang out with us.

On Thursday morning, my mom woke up and she was sick!  Oh no, I had given her the bug... we were sure it was food poisoning.  And now, CJ's family had been there overnight and had been exposed.  Kari and I decided to take the girls to Stella's swim class and let grandma relax at home.  It was so much fun to have them there, they loved it!

The girls left to go home after swimming and Stella and I spent the rest of that day/night taking care of grandma.  My mom left to go home on Friday.  I'm so happy she was able to come and spend such valuable time with us - sorry we got you sick mom!  I feel so bad, and oh yeah, I feel even worse because that night my brother called me to let me know that his wife and two girls got it! So sad.  We are sorry, it was a terrible stomach bug...

Kari, Hannah, Haydin and Stella. 
 
Stella and Hannah playing together
  
  
  
  
At Stella's swimming class
 

No comments:

Post a Comment