Saturday, March 20, 2010

Walt Disney World and the National Cheerleading Championships

My adorable niece, Lexi and her cheer team qualified for the Nationals this year in Orlando.  We thought it would be great to go and support her, see my mom, my sister and of course Lexi and get some nice, sunny weather.  Unfortunately, Mike had to stay home and work so Stella and I flew solo.

We had a great time.  The first two days it was rainy and of course, those were our days "off".  So, we just lounged around, saw Alice in Wonderland...etc.  On Saturday, we went to the cheer competition... and it really is just like Bring it On.  It's awesome!  But seriously, Lexi and her team were amazing.  I was so impressed at how good they were, she's only 9 years old and she was doing back tucks and being thrown all over the place.  I was so proud of her.  If you want to see it, the Cheerleading is on ESPN2 this weekend and Lexi's division will be on air too (she's the youngest group I think.)

Anyways, we got to enjoy the weather and Disney World for the weekend and we were very sad to leave.  I miss my mom, sis and Lex already and can't wait to see them again.

Cheer Competition
Disney World

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!! Lexie is such a beautiful little girl, I can't believe how much older she looks! And Stella looks like an adorable chunk! I bet she could take Emerson on!! :)

    ReplyDelete