Sunday, April 18, 2010

Chicago with the Girls

Last weekend, I left Stella for the first time.  My girlfriends from McCann (my old company in SLC/Seattle) do a girls trip every year and this year we decided to head to Chicago to visit Katerina.  I was so sad to leave Stella.  I felt like a was leaving a huge piece of me behind, but at least she would be home with Mike and I knew she'd be just fine.  I cried when she and Mike dropped me off and I cried when my plane was taking off, I wanted so badly to run up and yell "Stop the plane!!"  When I first left her, I kept feeling like I was forgetting something.  You don't realize how much your baby rules your life until you leave them.  I even stood at the jetway, waiting for her carseat and stroller when I got off the plane.  And as I was walking to the cab, I couldn't help but think that I was forgetting something or missing something. Once I met up with the girls, I was able to enjoy the trip and relax.  We had a great time, eating at great restaurants, seeing live music, going to watch a comedy show at second city and shopping.

Shopping - my friend Kara is really into biking, so we had to make a stop at this fabulous bike store, Dutch Bike Co.  We actually ran into "Dottie"(she's on the left) from Let's Go Ride a Bike (a blog that Kara is obsessed with). So random!
An incredible comedy club where so many got their start, including: Tina Fey, Mike Meyers, Bill Murray...etc.
Sunday Brunch at Orange
yummy!
Always thinking of her...
 
More eating...
Shopping
 

1 comment:

  1. How fun! There are some HUGE benefits on living on the East Coast!!! Except I really still want you to come over here on the West Side....

    ReplyDelete