Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Bonnie's Wedding - Santa Barbara

Last week, Mike and I were able to take a trip all the way to California to see my cousin, Bonnie get married. We decided to take off a few days early and make a "babymoon" out of it. Yes, the final vacation before we become parents - don't worry, I got permission from my doctor (he even signed a note) and I survived just fine. In fact, it was super easy and soooo relaxing - just what we needed.

Mike and I took a 10 mile bike ride on Friday morning, this was our resting stop on top of the hill. Such a beautiful view!



The beach at the "Boathouse" an amazing spot we found for brunch. Right on the sand...


Getting some sun time. Yes, I'm sure people were thinking I should be "thrown back in!"


Mike getting some shade time :)

After a few days of R&R, Mike and I were joined by my mom and dad, my sister and her 3 adorable kids and my brother, Ryan and his girlfriend, Sarah. It was so fun to be around family, we miss them so much. I think that Mike and I are so lucky to have some of the greatest parents in the world and I'm reminded whenever I'm with my parents or his. I love my brothers and sister so much, I hate to leave them. I have a hard time holding back tears every time I have to say goodbye. And my nieces (all 4 of them) and my nephew are absolutely adorable. Each and every time we see them, I'm amazed at how much they've grown up. Time really flies.

And the wedding celebrations began...

REHEARSAL DINNER







BRUNCH AT THE BEACH WITH THE WHOLE FAMILY










AND FINALLY, THE WEDDING...






3 comments:

  1. I love these photos Mack! What a fun weekend with your family. You & Stella look so beautiful on the beach! Our pictures should be up soon when Ry returns from Dallas with the cord :). xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so great, Mackenzie! I totally wish David and I could have seen the two of you, oh well, there's always next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kenze-- you look so beautiful! I would have NEVER dared to worn a swimsuit while pregnant...I would have looked like a beached whale, but you look AWESOME! Can't wait to meet this little peanut. love you

    ReplyDelete