Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Visiting with Family

Well, it was a great weekend for us. Mike traveled to Minneapolis on business on Thursday night and went to the NCAA tournament with some clients on Friday. Because his sister, Aud and her husband, Dave live in Minnie, Mike decided to stay the weekend and spend some quality time with them. It sounds like they had a great time, Mike was so sad to leave them and come home. It's always hard leaving family... especially when they say "the next time I see you, you'll have a baby, oh yeah... and you'll be 30!" Haha- love you Aud. Anyways, we miss you guys tons and wish we lived closer so we could hang out all the time and play Apples to Apples. By the way, for some reason they didn't take any pictures of their weekend in Minnie, so we have nothing to show for it. Boooooo.

I also had a great time this weekend. On Friday night, I headed up to NJ to visit CJ and his fam and pick up my mom and niece, Lexi. We celebrated my other niece, Haydin's 1st birthday - it was so much fun. She is adorable, I can't believe she's already 1 year old... I remember her being born like it was yesterday. I didn't get to spend much time with CJ, Kari and the girls, but I feel okay about it because they're coming to visit us in Philly next weekend- can't wait!

Haydin and her new teddy bear from Grandma Baltz.


Hannah helping Haydin open Grandma's present


Lexi, Hannah and Haydin

Once my mom, Lex and I got to Philly on Saturday, we decided to walk and grab some lunch. The weather was so nice, we were able to sit outside. I'm loving the spring, bring on the heat!

On Sunday, we did the historic touristy stuff and it was so fun. It was amazing because Lexi is now 8 (2nd grade) and she's either just now learning about this part of American history or will soon and it was so fun to see her learn and be intrigued by the stories. We went to Betsy Ross' house (which is on my street, less than a block away) and saw the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's grave...etc. In the afternoon, we went on a hike with Morris in Fairmount Park- it was beautiful.


Lexi and Grandma at Betsy Ross' house

All of the things we did were fun, but most of all... it was just fun to have them here. Mike came home on Sunday night and Lexi was so excited. We played Phase 10 and just hung out together. I had to drive Mike to work in the morning so that we could have the car for the day. We had to leave at 7am and Lexi HAD to come- she was such a trooper. She grabbed her pillow and her blanky and drove with me out to Mike's work (an hour away in traffic) because she had to get every possible second with her Uncle Mike that she could.


Lexi showing her awesome back handspring. It's so good, Mike and I were very impressed!

Dropping them off at the airport sucked. It's always so sad and no matter how hard I try, I can't not cry. But, I'll be in SLC in less than one month, so it's not so bad. I'm missing them so much right now, I hate you guys being so far away!

Anyways, thanks for coming to visit mom and Lex... it was so much fun and I can't wait to see you in April!

1 comment:

  1. Saying goodbye to family sucks! That's why you need to move back to UT. :)

    ReplyDelete