Sunday, March 8, 2009

24 Weeks

Last weekend, we went to visit my brother CJ and his family in Newton, NJ for our niece, Hannah's 3rd birthday.






On Friday, we had a couple of friends over to eat dinner and play games. It was a blast. Cindy and Nick (Cindy is a writer at Red Tettemer- where I work and Nick is her husband who happens to work in finance in NY, so he and Mike always have plenty to talk about) and Wick and Caroline came too. (Wick is my partner at work and Caroline also works at a financial institution, but in marketing). It was so nice to just hang out at home and play games with friends, we really miss the game night days. Al and Andrea, Aud and Dave... you guys are sorely missed.

Saturday we went to Beerfest with a group of our friends. This week is beer week in Philadelphia and it kicks off with a craft beer festival at the naval yard where you sample all kinds of craft beers from around the country.


Since Mike is in his study mode and needs all of the free time possible on weekends to study, I had a girls night on Saturday night with some friends from work. We went to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant here near UPenn called Distrito. It was delicious. We then went to see Chelsea Handler at the Tower theater. It was so fun, she is so raunchy and hilarious- I loved it.

Anyways... so, this picture is from Wednesday, when I was officially 24 weeks. Getting big. At this week doctor's appointment, I told my doctor that I've been having a hard time turning down sweets and that it's pretty much all I want to eat, ever. So of course after that, I was told that I need to slow down on the weight gain! How rude. Haha. Anyways, I've only gained 17 lbs. at this point, but 11 of them were in the past month - yikes! So, less brownies and more vegetables this month, I guess. Ugh.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It is so exciting to actually see it! I bet your doctor said you could have plenty of Nerd Ropes, popables, and DDP right? Those are they key ingredients for growing a cool baby:)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete