Friday, February 27, 2009

23 Weeks... and we finally have movement.

Oops, sorry we didn't update on time this week... it was a crazy work week for us. I had a TV shoot for my client, The International Spy Museum and Mike's been working like a mad man and studying late every night in preparation for the CFA.

On Friday, February 20th we felt the baby move for the first time. It was so strange, I was sitting at work and typing on my computer and I felt the strangest feeling in my stomach. It wasn't "flutters" or "butterflies" it was like serious movement. It felt like it does when someone is giving you a back massage and your muscle rolls out really fast (you know it kinda hurts and just feels weird?) It kinda freaked me out and I told Mike, "I think I felt the baby move today." So that night, we were sitting on the couch and we both had our ands on my belly trying to see if she'd move again or if it was just me being crazy. And then... we got multiple movements, one was almost like a punch right into Mike's hand. It was so cool and it was so cool that we both got to experience her first movements together. We loved it!!! All week, we've been focusing on feeling her kicks at night, it's been pretty amazing.

Oh and this week I promise, you can tell the baby is getting bigger! Check the belly out...



And here's how baby is progressing this week...

Your pregnancy: 23 weeks


How your baby's growing:

Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

4 comments:

  1. nope, you're still tiny. How exciting to feel her move! Isn't it the best thing ever!?? Well, so far... the best is yet to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenzie, I was so excited to get a response from you on my blog and to see you guys on your blog! And then...I was even more excited to read you are pregnant! Yeah! Two great surprises for me. I am so happy for you both. You will be in heaven soon. Of course it's not all bliss, let me not sugar coat it, but it is amazing. I look forward to keeping up with you guys over the blogging world :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't feeling them move the greatest thing ever?!?! You're so tiny though. I swear I was much much larger at that point. You'll probably be one of those that gains like 2 pounds and then weighs less than before they were pregnant when they leave the hospital :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting! I can't wait to meet her;)

    ReplyDelete