Friday, July 24, 2009

A week of firsts...

Well, it's been a lot of firsts for Stella this week... first day at the beach, first golf outing, first time playing guitar, first time eating from a bottle...etc. She is growing so quickly, it's amazing. She's finally fitting into her 0-3 month clothing and is just now squeezing out of her newborn clothes. It's amazing how different she looks already. You'll notice she's chubbed up a bit and her hair has gotten longer and blonder. We're just trying to soak up every minute of it and enjoy her in each phase, because as they say... it goes so fast. I can't believe she's already almost 1 month old.

It's hard to stay put now that Stella is nearing 4 weeks old. I just can't stay in, so we walk a lot. I love being in the city for this reason. I can just quickly put her in the stroller and we walk around the city for an hour or so every day. She enjoys the walks, especially in our neighborhood - Old City. The sidewalks are so bumpy and there's a lot of brick and cobblestone to keep her happy.

Mike's company had another round of layoffs last week - this time it was big. They cut about 60% of the employees. Although Mike was confident in his position, it was still stressful and scary. Thankfully, Mike made it through again (this has been the 4th round of layoffs at his company since October.) We are so grateful for everything we have and are thrilled that Mike still has a job and a job that he enjoys just makes it that much better. We are also so thankful for family and friends. It's been so nice having family here to visit over the past 4 weeks. I don't know what we would have done without you - Stella is one lucky little girl. And now, Grandpa Vic comes next week and we just can't wait!

Here are some new pictures (remember you can click on them to make them bigger.)

Our new favorite photo... (taken last night)


Just hanging out.


Bath Time!



Walking along the river.



Watching the British Open with daddy, which inspired us to do some golfing of our own.



At the Driving Range - Stella's first golf outing.



My last campaign before my maternity leave was a campaign for Philadelphia Tourism. We developed a large campaign encouraging visitors to come and visit Philadelphia. My client had a special onesie with the campaign logo made for Stella as a gift before I left. Here are the pictures I took to send to my team who worked on the campaign with me and my client.





At the beach. With my sister in town, we decided to take Stella to the beach and loved it so much, we went 2 days in a row. The first day we went to Ocean City, NJ (about an hour from Philly) and the second day we met up with CJ and his family at Point Pleasant Beach, NJ (about 1.5 hours from Philly).






Daddy feeding Stella her first bottle. She took it like a champ.



Morris has been so amazing with Stella. He pretty much just ignores her, but he gives her a lot of kisses too. And her favorite thing is when he fans her with his tail. She loves it!


This time we thought we'd throw in a couple of videos too...

Music Time


Dancing

1 comment:

  1. The dancing video cracked me up. I watched it two times! :) I like the part where she moon walks at the end.

    ReplyDelete