Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stella - 06/28/2009 (5:59 PM)



It is difficult to put into words what just happened. The multiple trips to the hospital, the 41 hours of labor that Mackenzie endured, and the end result that we named Stella Ryan Day. The entire experience can really be described by any number of adjectives ranging from terrifying to beautiful, but I think that the photos below describe this in a way that we never could. We hate that we are so far away but it was so nice to have Sherry and Ed (Mackenzie's parents) along with C.J., Kari, Hannah, and Haydin. (Mackenzie's brother and family) We are also so excited to have a string of visitors including Mike's family and Mackenzie's sister in the upcoming weeks. We miss everyone and can't believe that she is already 72 hours old. (actully 72 hours and 21 minutes as of right now)

Stella Ryan Day - 7 pounds, 7.2 ounces
- 19.5 inches long

Delivery Room Photos













Recovery Room









Bringing Stella Home

















5 comments:

  1. Oh my word she's the cutest peanut EVER! Tim can't stop looking at the pictures and saying "man she's a cute one" :) I love the picture of your dad holding her and she's just a little bundle on his stomach--that just melts your heart. Also...you look GLOWING! You can tell how happy you guys are. CONGRATS again. I can't wait to meet her. When you guys coming into town?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are so beautiful! I wish Ry & I were there with you. We are very excited to meet her~ Lots of love from Texas! We miss you guys so much! xo Sar & Ry

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy and thrilled for the two of you! I can't wait to meet little Stella next month! I hope your recovery is going well, Kenz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my word!! I have tears in my eyes from the absolute happiness and beauty of your beautiful Stella Ryan and the glowing faces of family surrounding her. Mackenzie and Mike...she has already captured hearts clear across the West :) Giant Hugs!!! Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh. My. Gosh. I love her so much and I've never met her! I love the pictures of you both as proud new parents... such naturals. What an amazing time for you, wish I could be one of your visitors. Can't wait to see you guys down the road... keep up the posts :)

    ReplyDelete