Monday, June 8, 2009

CFA Exam is finally over! Oh and the Philly Bike Race

Yay - Mike finished the CFA on Saturday. I would just like to take a minute and dote on him and let everyone know how proud I am of him. He worked so hard and studied for so long. We don't find out the results until August, but to be honest I don't even care about the results, I'm just happy to have my husband back. He is so amazing, and so inspiring - I don't know how anyone studies as hard as he does. Fingers crossed this is the final one and he doesn't have to go through another year.


Now that we finally have free time on weekends... On Sunday, Mike and I were able to go to the Pro Cycling Tour's race here in Philadelphia. One of the great things about my job is the fact that our client's are kind enough to give us opportunities like this, which Mike and I are always quick to take advantage of. One of our clients, is the state of Pennsylvania and they were a large sponsor in the event. So, Mike and I got Silver VIP tickets, which meant a tent, free food, free drinks and a spot at the finish line.




It was our first real bike race ever and it was incredible. Floyd Landis (Tour de France winner whose medal was stripped away after steroid tests proved positive) was in it - he was close, but didn't win. It was so fun to see chase group, the pack, the breakouts and the leaders and to see how it really is all won within the last few seconds. We had a great time, beautiful weather, beautiful day in a beautiful city.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Mike! Tim would be soooo jealous you got to see this bike race. He LOVES anything bike related and watches all the tours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Mike too! I am sure you are so excited to have him back. Now, the final countdown! Ry & I are getting so excited for you both! xo

    ReplyDelete