Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy 30th Birthday Mike!

So, this post is a little belated... but Sunday was Mike's 30th Birthday and what a birthday it was. We had a fantastic weekend and of course, it was filled with surprises for Mike at every corner.

I took him to the beach for a final getaway weekend before our lives change forever (in a good way of course!) We drove to Cape May, which is about 1:45 min away from Philadelphia and stayed at a beautiful hotel called Congress Hall. Saturday morning, we woke up and I made blueberry muffins (Mike's fave) and we dropped Morris off at Doggie World Daycare for the weekend. Mike was excited about his surprise weekend getaway, but of course... I had one more big surprise left. I wanted it to be a weekend, an experience he'd never forget - you only turn 30 once, right?

So, I told him we had to stop by my office to pick up his final gift. My boss (the owner of Red Tettemer) was so incredibly generous and offered to let Mike and I drive down to the beach in his Porche 911 convertible. He said on one condition "you drive the back roads because it's more fun and you stay the night so you can drive it for 2 days." I don't know how I can possibly thank Steve for giving us this gift, but thank you, thank you and thank you!


Needless to say, Mike was shocked when I went in to the office and pulled out of the garage in a convertible Porsche and told him to park our car because this was our car for the weekend. We had a blast, it was so fun to drive in and the weather was amazing. I hope I gave Mike a 30th he'll never forget.












I love you Mike, Happy Birthday!

Oh, and another surprise - this one was for both of us. My brother CJ and his family decided to come down to Philly on Sunday night and surprise Mike for a birthday dinner. We decided on the Cheesecake Factory, it was so fun to see them. Had to embarass the birthday boy with a song and cheesecake of course!



The girls have gotten so big since we last saw them at Easter. And Haydin is walking now... it's soooo cute. We were so happy to see them, thanks again guys for coming down! We love you.





1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mike! And, Kenz, you look AMAZING. My cute friend is due in August and is bigger than you! You are like a teeny pregnant person compared to her. I'm so excited for the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete